- When should popcorn ceilings be removed? October 14, 2012
- Why Dry Scrape Popcorn? April 12, 2012
- Outdated Popcorn Ceiling? Remove It! January 16, 2012
- DIY Popcorn Ceiling Repair December 20, 2011
- Why Remove a Popcorn Ceiling Spray Texture? November 21, 2011
- Popcorn Recipes on Outdated Popcorn Ceiling? Remove It!
- Angie on Whats your story?
- Max on DIY Popcorn Ceiling Repair
- darren williams on Get a quote for your removal today.
- stoner529 on Whats your story?
More Great Sites
Category Archives: Things to Know
When should popcorn ceilings be removed?
I have always hated going into a home that is lived in to remove the popcorn. There is alot of liablity with furniture and carpeting that I will always charge more just to remove the nasty stuff. If you are a homeowner and you want to remove the popcorn and you just don’t know when you should do that, the following will help you determine the right time.
- Just moving in to your home
- Purchased new furniture
When you buy a home and it has popcorn ceilings, that is the perfect time to remove it. Before your furniture is moved in and you get settled, you can have a clean space to work with if you are DIY or hiring out. There is less liablity on your contractor to not damage any furniture, although there is still flooring that is a concern. It also takes a considerable amout of time to mask over some of the furniture depending on where it is located in a room.
If you have decided to remodel, the best time to remove this popcorn is after you remove your old flooring if you are going to do so, and way before you decide to paint the walls. You should always remove the popcorn first, that way you can leave a nice edge around the room, where the ceiling meets up with the walls and you won’t ruin your new paint job.
Once you have purchased new furniture, you obviously are clearing out the old stuff to make room for the new, so why not get rid of the ceiling popcorn as well. Removal here is ideal since you will have an empty room to work with before putting in the new furniture and this will make masking and cleanup so much easier to do.Posted on October 14, 2012 by The Popcorn Removal Advisor
Posted in Things to Know | Leave a comment